Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 1

It took me a little time to fall asleep last night, so while I waited for sleep, I thought about the recent General Conference of the Church. I considered the tremendous blessings we have because of the Church and its leaders. How fortunate we are to have inspired leaders who share God's messages with us!

The Sunday before this last one, I taught my Primary class about Naaman and the importance of following the prophet. I extended a challenge to each girl there to pay special attention to at least one of the messages of President Thomas S. Monson. I told them I would follow up with them and see what they learned (I haven't had a chance yet to follow up with them, but will this coming Sunday). Then, last night, it occurred to me that Heavenly Father has asked us to pay attention to the words of the prophets and to follow those words.

President Monson gave a few addresses during this last Conference. One that particularly stood out to me was his admonition to have an attitude of gratitude. Lately, I've been very ungrateful, focusing on the blessings that I want and not recognizing the countless blessings that I have. President Monson kindly called me to repentance! So, it is with this thought in mind, and the desire to set an example for my Primary girls, that I embark on this new project.

I have a cousin who, several months ago, wrote daily on his blog about blessings he was grateful for. He did this for 100 consecutive days! I appreciate his example of gratitude and now plan to follow his example. So, today is Day 1!

I am so grateful to have access to the words of a living prophet! President Monson truly is a prophet of God. He is Heavenly Father's mouthpiece and he speaks the words we need to hear. If we follow the prophet, we will better for it, and we will be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment