I am a very blessed girl! Today, I recognize the tremendous blessings I have in my parents.
My mom:
Though she no longers believes in it, my mom was key in teaching me the gospel. I think about all she taught me when I was younger about service and loving others, strengthening family, and the importance of doing what is right. I am grateful for her example then and for the gospel truths I have learned since she abandoned that faith: I have learned that everyone is free to make their own choices and that, while others' choices affect us, we can choose our own responses to their choices; I have learned that trusting in the Savior is the only lasting way to move past life's great challenges; I have seen great blessings come to myself and to others who stay true to the faith; I have learned that Heavenly Father truly works miracles if we have faith in Him, and I have seen many miracles.
My dad:
I can't really express all that my dad has done for me. He has always been an example of staying true to what he knows is right, especially in the midst of great devastation. He has been an example to me of continually working to improve himself. He willingly serves in whatever capacity he is asked to. One of the most important reasons I love my dad is that he loves his family and he has sacrificed for us all to be happy. There are so many more reasons I could list here! I'm grateful for you, Dad.
My stepmom:
She has done so much for me. She came into my life when I really needed a mom and she willingly embraced that role. She has been an incredible support through challenging and lonely times. She has such a sense of humor, and an easy way of getting along with people. She, too, has been an amazing example of integrity and testimony. I'm grateful for you, Roxanne.
No comments:
Post a Comment