Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 11

For those of you who check my blog daily, I apologize that I haven't written for the last few days. Honestly, I had a particularly challenging day at the end of last week and just needed to take a break. I'm back to finish what I started, now.

I applied for a job two days ago, and already have an interview lined up for this coming Friday! This came after checking out a lead from my classmate. I pondered if this job would be the right thing for me to do, since it's not quite what I've been looking for. But, in the end, I decided that it wouldn't hurt to apply and I can wait to see whether I'm offered this position. It is a clinical instructor position at OHSU's school of nursing undergraduate department. I've long thought that teaching would be part of my career, so that definitely appeals to me. It is a 3 day a week job, which leaves time for me to work as an FNP as well. I want to do both.

If I am offered and take this job, who knows what kind of benefits could come from it. Future teaching positions wherever we settle. More connections with people who may be able to point me in the direction of FNP jobs. And who knows what else.

I find this a very exciting possibility.

So, today, I'm grateful for the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment