I have had a multitude of free time lately, especially since I've already taken (and passed!) my board certifying exam and I'm still unemployed. While this has been a challenge to me lately, I've tried to use my time productively (for the most part).
One roommate I had 9 years ago (gosh, has it really been that long?) taught me the basic crochet stitch. I was so enamored with crocheting that I declared that I would crochet a baby blanket for each niece and nephew who was born. It was to be my way for each of them to have something special from me, especially if I wasn't living close enough to spend much time with them. I have held to that declaration for each of my fifteen nieces and nephews. Each baby gets their own blanket, and each blanket is its own pattern. I am touched when I hear stories of various nieces or nephews who are attached to a blanket I made, and it makes all the efforts so worth it.
There are two babies on the way in my extended family, news which, in and of itself, I am very excited about! It also means that I've had crocheting projects to work on.
So, today, I'm grateful for the roommate who introduced crocheting to me. I'm grateful that I've been able to develop that skill. I'm grateful for the chance I have to share that skill with some of my most favorite people. And I'm grateful that I've had projects to work on lately.
Me too! Thanks again- we will love this one too!
ReplyDelete