It is a somber day today. Today, a funeral was held for a man I never met. He was in Bd's ward, and was Kurt's secretary in the Young Men's. Apparently he died in his sleep on Sunday night. He was 61. From what I heard from Bd, this man was "such a great guy." I didn't even know him, but his daughter was one of my Hood to Coast teammates this summer. She had mentioned how much she appreciated her dad and his help in raising her son.
It was a sudden loss, no one was expecting it.
We never know when our time in this life is up.
I've caught myself tearing up today, thinking about this man and the loss his family is experiencing now. But it is with great gratitude that I realize that this loss is not permanent. This family will be united again, should they all endure to the end in faith. I'm so grateful for a beautiful plan presented by our loving Heavenly Father, the plan of salvation, the plan of happiness. I know that the plan of salvation is real! And this brings great comfort.
No comments:
Post a Comment