Our stake conference was this weekend. Best stake conference I've ever attended!
It started off with our Stake's Day of the Redemption at the temple on Thursday. Our leaders encouraged us to spend as much time in the temple as possible, and asked those who were able to take off work to do it. I spent 12 hours in the temple on Thursday. I thought I would be tired and it would be a long day, but I was wrong. It was rejuvating to soak in the Spirit and to ponder and to serve in the most peaceful place on earth for that day. I loved it. I learned what I needed to learn. And I found myself hoping to repeat the experience very soon. It is my favorite place. It was such a great blessing to be there. I was so richly blessed for following the counsel of my leaders.
Then, last night was the adult session. It was only the second adult session I'd been to. Before going, I was resistant to the idea, but I decided I should go. After the session began, I felt ashamed for having resisted the idea. I so needed to be there. Our stake theme for this year is Doctrine and Covenants 81:5: "Wherefore, be faithful; stand in the office which I have appointed unto you; succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees." It was at this meeting that I truly learned about the importance of visiting teaching and home teaching. It is through us that the Lord builds his kingdom, and these programs are the foundation of how he does that. The Spirit was so strong at this meeting. I reflected on the home teachers and visiting teachers that I've had, and the relationships that I developed with the faithful ones. Miracles happen when we are faithful in this calling. It may not be when we expect, or with the people we expect, but the Lord knows us and really does make miracles happen as long as we do our part. I have a testimony of these programs. I'm so grateful for those in my life who have been faithful in their home or visiting teaching callings. I think of my parents, who consistently fulfill these callings, and always have. I don't know if they recognize the power of their examples. Thank you, Dad and Roxanne. I'm grateful for Bill McBride, who, as my home teacher, always made an effort to get to know me as a child, and who later became my bishop--he's awesome. Thank you to all who have been faithful in these callings.
I'm grateful for this stake conference. I'm grateful to have a loving Heavenly Father. I'm grateful that He knows what I need. I'm grateful that He's asked me to be an instrument in building up the kingdom. I'm grateful for the counsel of my church leaders. I'm grateful for the incredible blessings of the temple. I'm grateful to be a visiting teacher and hope to better magnify this calling.
No comments:
Post a Comment