Sunday, November 21, 2010

Gratitude Day 45

As part of my Primary lesson on Job today, I wanted to share the story of a little girl who could only communicate by blinking her eyes. Time ran out before we could get to it today, so I told the girls we'd do that story next week. Since I read that story and I've had a chance to reflect on it and the inspiring story of Job, I've been humbled at the many incredible blessings I have. It would have been so easy for Job, amidst all his pain and incredible loss, to doubt God and to curse him. But he didn't.

I've experienced much less loss and grief than Job. And I'm ashamed to say that I haven't always been as dedicated and faithful during my own, lesser trials.

I'm grateful for the many blessings I have: a comfortable, safe place to live; enough clean food to eat; a loving husband; great extended family and in-laws; a testimony of the gospel; a healthy body; opportunities to serve; and the list goes on and on.

I'm grateful for Job, his trust in God, and his faith and integrity. And I'm grateful for the scriptures that teach me of righteous (and not so righteous) examples and of the Savior. And I'm grateful to know that I don't have to be perfect right now. I'm grateful for a Savior who, as long as I do my part, will make up the difference and help me to be so much better than I ever could on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment