Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 39

I became faculty at OHSU today!

After turning in some paperwork, I was able to get my name badge and my possibly temporary office. Then, there were three and a half hours in meetings with other undergraduate nursing faculty. I heard a lot of new jargon. I don't think I really appreciated nursing education as its own specialty. But I have repented today! I developed a deep appreciation for all those who taught me in my nursing courses. Meetings today were informative, overwhelming, inspiring, and confidence-building (if they can be both overwhelming and confidence-building :)). So many faculty were so welcoming to me, a reaction I wasn't really expecting (not that I was expecting the cold shoulder, but I wasn't anticipating so many of them would be so exuberant when they met me). One of my most favorite teachers from my masters program also teaches in the undergraduate program and was there at the meetings. She made a special point to offer support if and when I need it. I feel really honored to be considered their colleague. :) I know I will learn a lot! I'm still surprised at how this all developed, but I really feel like this is the job I need at this point (and not just financially :)). Thank you, Heavenly Father!

I'm grateful for this job, and for all the supportive faculty I'll get to work with. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment