Black Friday. It's something I really don't understand. I don't like shopping. I don't like being in big crowds. I don't like waking up early. Why do people do it (and find it fun)?
Well, today is Black Friday, and despite my best intentions I found myself shopping.
We've needed a vacuum for quite a while. The one that we had I bought at Wal-mart 2 years ago for less than $40. Recently, all it's been doing is spewing dust and junk into the air. Sick. Gross.
So, I eventually overcame my super-frugal "it's not a necessity" mindset and realized that really it was a necessity. We got a brochure highlighting that a Dyson vacuum would be on sale at Costco on Black Friday.
I went and braved the crowds. It definitely helped that Costco didn't open until 9am. None of this waking-up-ridiculously-early stuff. And all in all it wasn't as nightmarish as I thought it would be. I came away with a really good vacuum for a very good price.
Costco gave out free cookbooks to shoppers who came today. I didn't expect much from it, but, looking through it later, I discovered many beautiful, enticing recipes.
I'm grateful we now have a vacuum, that we got a good deal on it. I'm grateful for the cookbook that now has me thinking in many different directions.
But I hope you won't find me shopping Black Friday again next year.
We've had a Dyson for about seven years, and we love it. We've never had any trouble with it, and it still sucks up the dirt and pet hair like it did brand new. Congratulations!
ReplyDelete