Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Recent fun with Penny and Will!

Penny and Will came to visit a couple of weekends ago. It was so great to see them! I loved seeing young Will, who was quick to smile, and exploring Portland and visiting with Penny.





This picture was taken on Saturday shortly after I arrived. Whenever Malia sees me, she wants to see Robert, too. It was no different this time. I told her then that she would see Robert later that day. She then wanted to use my cell phone. Here's what she said, "Robert. Robert, where are you?" I love that. It shows how much she loves her Uncle Robert.We went to the Saturday market downtown, and then met Robert at the Rose Garden. Guess who was happy to see him? Because of our late spring, the roses were still in bloom! It was fun to climb the stairs with Malia and to see the flowers. Oh, and just a warning: I am my father's daughter, so there will be some flower pictures posted. :)












Then, we were off to the Arboretum, so we could see the monkey puzzle trees and some redwoods. Happy Will!




Robert was experimenting with this next shot. I think it turned out really cool!


Will. I love this boy!

Penny wanted to see the Oregon Coast, so off we went! Here is Cannon Beach. I had such a great time here. There is little that brings me as much joy as the laughter and excitement of young kids. Malia was laughing so much and enjoying her time at the beach, and I was holding her hand for most of it. I was so glad to be there with such an awesome little friend! (I recommend clicking on the pictures below where you can see her face, that way you'll get more of an enlarged view and share a little in the joy.)



















Here, we are at Oswald West State Park. Beautiful beach!

At one point, Malia and I were walking barefoot in the sand. I asked Malia if the sand was hot. Her response was, "Um . . . . I think so." So cute.

The cousin buddies:






Mmmm. Sand . . .


Malia was happy to share her expertise with sand.










Check out the drool in this one (you should click on this one to get full appreciation):






























We ended our outings that day by stopping at the Tillamook cheese factory and getting some ice cream. This is one awesome ice cream goatee!

This seemed to be the weekend when Malia's name for me emerged, Wee! I love that. :)


On the last day that Penny and Will were here we went to the Pittock Mansion and walked the grounds. View of downtown Portland:

I think Mr. Will looks very much like his siblings in this one:

Mr. Smiley!

Some flower shots from the grounds:







We were so happy you were able to come, Penny and Will! And we hope to see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment