Thursday, July 21, 2011

Florida fun, part 3

Wednesday we went to Gatorland, a small zoo housing mostly gators and a random small assortment of other critters.




I'm so glad that Alecia was there to prevent Robert's head from being eaten.
Mad gator-wrangling skills!



Too bad she couldn't save herself . . . ;)

There are a handful of leucistic gators there, and they look like this:

I remember seeing albino gators in New Orleans. I didn't realize that white
gators could exist and not be albino. Here's what Gatorland explained:


A comical presentation of some of the other critters at Gatorland was part of our experience. The employees picked a few audience members to help them out. I'm glad that they didn't pick on me as I'm sure I would've look just as uncomfortable as this woman did:







There was a cute (a.k.a. furry) animal at Gatorland! But I don't think it was a legal resident . . .

This was part of the Gator Jumparoo show. Basically they make an entertaining show out of feeding the gators by dangling raw chicken pieces over the water and tempting the gators to "jump" out of the water for it.


We're convincing actors, don't you think?

Thursday, we went to Typhoon Lagoon, one of the Disney waterparks. We spent all day there and had a great time. I even overcame my fear of heights (for a brief moment) when I went plummeting down a straight waterslide that was several stories tall. We both got sunburned that day, but it was worth it. Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures of that day.


The next day was a fun one. My cousin, Kimberly, and her family live on the Florida coast, and we got to visit them. I had never met their kids and none of them had met Robert. I think everyone made a great impression on everyone else. I really had a fun time playing in the ocean with Aerie and watching little Charles kick around a soccer ball. It was great to visit with Kimberly, who I hadn't seen in several years. And Robert and Charles got to talk "shop." Thank you, Middletons, for a great time!













We had a relaxing day on Saturday. We spent a few hours at Downtown Disney, browsing in the shops. Oh, and we took a few pictures, too.


My husband looks good as Jamaican Mickey, don't you think?

This sweatshirt should be corrected to say, "I heart nerd." Singular. I do love nerd. Please just don't mind my weird facial expression.

Giant Tinker Toys. This was a blast from my past. I played with Tinker Toys as a young kid.
It made me happy to see that they are still around somewhere. :)

Eating at Earl of Sandwich:


Mini golfing with Alecia and Stewart.



Fun times. Again, more to come!

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun with you guys at the beach! I was so excited to see you and meet Robert. We'll have to do it again!

    ReplyDelete