Sunday, October 14, 2012

Overdue sweetness


We had a visitor come over on Labor Day to help us make cookies. After the cookies were done, we went on a short walk, where our visitor kept introducing herself to a sleeping duck in the creek. We also learned the now popular phrase, "Too bad!" She said it repeatedly that day, whether she decided not to pick a dandelion for Robert (she had given me several :)--I didn't mind a little favoritism after the birthday "snub") or she was telling me to be satisfied with the leaf I carried. "I have a stick," Robert would say, "Can I have a flower?" She would whip out a quick "No, too bad." So funny coming from a 3-year-old.

It's not an official visit to our house if she doesn't find all the Disney magnets.





The ever popular nose harp made an appearance.


You mean, I'm related to these people?


It's unfortunate you can only partially see my subtle nod to the side ponytail (worn at Malia's insistence).

This was where "Dongald" Duck was sleeping.
"Too bad" she had to leave, but we're happy she's so close by. :)

1 comment:

  1. She had such a great time! She tells me she'd love to go see (scare) Marlo and make cookies 'tomorrow'!

    ReplyDelete