Friday, September 7, 2012

Hope

I'll admit that lately life has felt a little bleak to me. Or rather, my attitude has been a little bleak. There have been a lot of very difficult things going on in the lives of those around me, and my hope level was somewhat depleted. But, I'm happy to report that my attitude has been adjusted.

Of all things, it was adjusted today at a funeral for a 4-year-old little boy. He had suffered from cancer for the past year and a half, and his time on earth ended this past Sunday. I never met this little boy, but I know his mom and his uncle. Reportedly, this boy was a very sweet, selfless, fun boy. And his family will obviously miss him. But my testimony of truth was strengthened today. I know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us and has a perfect perspective of what we need. And I know that because of our Savior, Jesus Christ, we can be strengthened to endure all that we are asked, and that we will, if faithful, be able to live with our families forever. That is the greatest blessing possible. And it is my greatest hope.

Thank you, Keith, for helping me change my attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment