I went to Canada for American Thanksgiving. I had no turkey or cranberries this year. But I was thankful to be there. I had been wanting to spend a little time at home for quite a while, and I decided to take advantage of the time off of work. It was a great trip, pretty low key. It wasn't packed full of activity, which is exactly how I wanted it! I got to go to the new Calgary temple (still feels weird to say that), and to visit my Grandpa in Lethbridge. The rest of the time was spent rummaging through my old things, just chatting, sleeping in, and taking a break from work. :) The only thing that would have made it better was if Robert could have come (sadly, he got to stay in Oregon and do homework all weekend).
 |
| This was one of the "gems" I found while going through my old things. I made this padded binder when I was a Beehive, and while I admire the stunning craftsmanship, the piece had to be discarded. I could not allow such an ugly thing to exist anymore. |
 |
I was given this case (and the scriptures inside) for my baptism. Well worn, wouldn't you say?
And the lace is still so me. ;) |
 |
| I don't remember where this little treasure came from--some YW activity, I think. It hung on my walls for years. And I figured that something this beautiful was needed in the local dump, so that's where it went. :) |
 |
| This was something I was given at a YW camp when I was growing up. |
 |
| This was another YW camp item. |
 |
| There aren't words enough to describe this. :) I made this at YW camp. It is wheat. And flowers. And lace. So not me. I also sent this one away. |
 |
| Dad and I went to the Calgary temple Thursday night. It's a beautiful building inside and out. And it was just as cold as it looks. |
 |
| I know it's geeky, but I felt the need to take random pictures of snow. It's not something I see in Oregon very much. |
 |
| We headed to Lethbridge for a visit with Grandpa. It was great to see him. |
I'm so glad you got to go home for a visit! I also thinned out the "treasures" in my old bedroom closet the last time I was up there. I even had a similar padded binder!
ReplyDelete