Thursday, August 13, 2009

Marlo Weasel Corkran, the Fur

Anybody who knows me knows that I'm nuts for cats.


Random sidebar: After our cruise, we spent a day in Miami--what a weird experience that was. We walked around downtown on a Saturday afternoon and it was like a ghost town. Shops were all closed and hardly anyone was around. The only redeeming thing about Miami was a collection of feral cats we found near the river.


Marlo, my favorite cat, is not comfortable with most people, but he was with Robert right from the start. It's been fun to see how Marlo responds to Robert, or how he'll wait for Robert by the front door. Since Marlo is now a Corkran, his name has changed to Marlo Weasel Corkran, the Fur.

On Monday, Marlo had to undergo general anesthesia to have his teeth cleaned. I felt so guilty when I picked him up afterwards. He looked so tired, uncomfortable (from the anesthesia), and pitiful. I got him home and just left him alone to recover. When I saw him next, this is how he was:He needed a comfy, soft friend to help him get over his trying day. Good thing he found Baloo!

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. There's nothing quite as cozy-looking as a curled up cat.

    I hope you haven't had any more police drama!

    ReplyDelete