Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Blessings

I am a very blessed girl. I like to put emphasis on the word "blessed." For a long time, "lucky" was the word I used. But that doesn't describe the full experience. Luck implies that there is no effort or plan, or that something happens because of coincidence. It doesn't credit Him whose hand is in my life, and it denies me the privilege of strengthening the relationship I have with Him through gratitude.

I have been long overdue in my blog updates. Sorry about that.

This isn't going to be a super long post. I have a lot I would like to blog about, especially now that December has vanished, but that will wait for next time.

I just wanted to write and say that I feel very grateful for all Heavenly Father has blessed me with. I have so much. Gratitude is a very empowering attitude, and, though very imperfect at living that attitude, I have recently discovered that it has caused somewhat of a spiral effect for me. I'm grateful for some blessings, then I realize what other blessings I've been given and I feel the need to express more thanks.

On the wall at work is a saying that I love. It shows a simple picture of a rose. It says something like this: "I can either complain that the rose has a thorn, or rejoice that the thorn has a rose. It is all up to me."

Life can be hard. But it can also be great, if we enjoy the moments and the blessings. There will always be reason to complain. But there will also always be reason to rejoice and give thanks. I hope to remember this lesson.

You are a blessing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment