I promised a couple of weeks ago that I would share more information about the job that I found. I apologize for the wait, but I wanted to have written confirmation before sharing any more (I received my written confirmation today!). If you know what happened to me in April, then hopefully you'll understand.
A recruiter emailed me less than 2 months ago. I didn't think much of it. My resume is online and recruiters are constantly sending me emails--mostly about positions that would never interest and/or work for me. But he said that his client had some openings--one in Salem and one in Portland doing family practice. So I responded and asked for more information.
This position is at the State Hospital (psychiatric facility--patients there need family medicine, too!). I opted for the Salem campus since it will be full-time. And it's only about a 45 minute commute. Totally beats picking up and moving to an entirely new place!
And I felt more comfortable with this recruiter than I have with any other. First, he responds to my phone calls and emails! Most recruiters I've been in contact with don't believe in returning calls, even if it's just to say, "Sorry. I don't have anything for you," even when they first contact me. And second (I don't know if this means anything), he is located in Utah, so I hoped that he had integrity. So far I've been happy with him.
After touring the facility, it was decided that I'll start out as a "locums" provider and after a while, I can become a permanent state employee.
I'll finally get to use my training.
Most people, upon learning about the population I'll be working with, are a little leary. I'm not. I have an understanding about people with psychiatric illness--based on my background. I'm excited to get to know them and to help them improve their health.
I feel very blessed. Heavenly Father truly has blessed us. We were considering other locations, but we're both happy that He helped us to stay here.
I start on Sept. 19th.
I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!
ReplyDelete