Yes, I got my FNP license (yippee!) and got a job. But, for reasons I won't get into here, I have quit that job. Suffice it to say that it wasn't a good situation for me to be in there. So, I'm back searching again.
My family had its reunion in Austin, Texas, over the weekend of the Fourth of July. It was so fun! Each of my siblings, including the fresh RM Bry, was able to be there, and their spouses and kids, and my dad and Roxanne got to be there, too! There were 15 adults and 15 kids! Next time, the kids will outnumber the adults--two more are on the way (and no, they aren't ours:)) Robert got to meet the rest of his nieces and nephews. Some of them took to him very nicely. It was neat to see him embrace his new role as uncle with the whole bunch of cousins, and it warmed my heart to see some of our nieces and nephews bonding well with him.
Here are the original Binghams:

Here are those crazy enough to marry Binghams:

Fourteen of the fifteen nieces and nephews (they're so cute. Some of my most favorite people. And they all happen to be blonde. I suspect that when a mini-Corkran arrives on the scene, the all-blonde streak will end):

Craziness! Here is the whole fam:

After that, Bry returned to Portland with us. We had a great time having him here. We got to see his mission pictures and hear some of his stories. I've missed being able to talk to him, so it was a real treat to host him and have a few days with him. And I think we sold him on the awesomeness of Portland! ;)
We had our first anniversary last month. Time really seems to play tricks. In some ways I can't believe that we've been married for a year, but in other ways it feels like it's been a year. Robert was awesome (as to be expected). He had the bakery that made our wedding cake make the top layer again for our anniversary and he surprised me with video footage of our wedding day. It was a great day and fun to think about all that's happened since we met.
I quit my job a week ago today. It was a sudden decision. Robert was so supportive, he told me that he trusted me and that I knew what I needed to do, and that he hated to see me so miserable. After I quit, I picked him up at work that day, and one of the first things he asked was if I'd be interested in going away for the weekend. His parents and two of his sisters were heading down to Crater Lake for a couple of days, and he had a few vacation days he needed to use. I have such a thoughtful husband! So, we went. It turns out that his parents weren't able to go, so Robert and I went with Shannon and Megan on a grand adventure. Crater Lake is amazing. And I've promised Robert that I won't keep quitting jobs just so we can get away for the weekend! :) If you're interested in seeing pictures from our trip, check out this link:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=467024&id=854910157&l=97dfcaa964
What's next? Well, I'm continuing with the job search. Please pray that I'll quickly find a job that fits me well and meets our needs (student loans aren't cheap).
And Hood to Coast is happening in 2 1/2 weeks. It'll be crazy! But I'm so excited to do it again, and to spend a little time with Rochelle and Dave.
I was thinking about you earlier today, and wondering how your job was going. I guess I have the answer now! Best wishes with the job hunt.
ReplyDeleteI love the reunion pictures! How fun that you could all be together. I bet Roxanne and your dad had a blast with all the grandkids. :-)
We love you LL. Prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteOur prayers are with you. I hope the job hunt this time is short and sweet and produces good things at the end!
ReplyDelete