Saturday, January 9, 2010

Fragile

I've had somber thoughts this morning.

A girl from our singles ward got married just a couple of months after we did. Her new husband has passed away. They hadn't been married even 4 months. I don't know the details, and I don't know that knowing what happened would change my thoughts and feelings about it all. We were just acquaintances. But it has really hit me hard. I'm so sorry for the loss this girl and their families are experiencing.

Learning this news has caused me to reflect on the fragility of life. We really never know when our lives will end or when those around us may return to their heavenly home.

As a newlywed myself, I am very saddened when I think about this girl. Not only has she lost her new husband, but her dreams for a long future with him have been ended. As they were sealed in the temple, they have the promise of being together for eternity. But what about the next 60+ years she'll be on this earth?

I hope that she finds comfort. She will see him again. Now I don't mean to take away from the grief and loss this girl is experiencing. I can't even imagine how hard it is for her right now. But as a result of learning this news, I have been thrust into thinking about how I have been so blessed. Life, though difficult at times, has brought me many great joys. The greatest joy that I have experienced has been to be married to my good, kind, calm, patient, loving husband. I still am amazed at how good he is for me. Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he helped our paths to cross. I am eternally grateful for Robert. I am eternally grateful that we have been bound together in the temple so that we have the promise of being together forever.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. I don't know how we could cope without the knowledge of our eternal bonds.

    ReplyDelete