Do they like purring? Do they purr if no humans are around? Why, when in the middle of an attack, do they often find the need to stop and lick their paws before continuing their pursuit? Is the chin-quivering cry they do when they see a bird supposed to be threatening? What do they think when a human talks to them?
Those are only a few.
I recently got a new cell phone. The box it came in was placed with the other recyclable goods so we'd remember to take it out. A few days ago, we discovered Marlo sleeping in this box. He just barely fit. We decided that it would be a shame to deny him the apparent pleasure he seems to get from that box. This spurred a few more questions: Why do they like boxes? Why do they like spaces that they almost don't fit into? Are boxes comfortable to them?
Check out this picture of him sleeping in this beloved box. Does this look comfortable to you? Can you tell where his head is?

My Rooney used to love boxes, especially the ones that were just a bit too small for him. We always found him curled up in shoe boxes. His favorite place to curl up was in the bathroom sink, though. I think a lot of cats do that, but I have no idea why. I miss that goofy furball. Cats are just such funny animals.
ReplyDelete