It has been almost a month since our sweet little lady, Valerie, was born. She surprised us by coming earlier than anyone expected and was just a bit premature, but she has done beautifully and has exceeded doctors' expectations.
It has been said that the best things in life come in small packages. This is true in Valerie's case--she has brought us so much joy already!
Here are some things that we've learned about Valerie:
--she's fond of stretching--the process of waking up can be quite elaborate
--she's a little cuddlebug
--she's sweet and easy-going, but she lets you know quickly and loudly when she needs something
--she has so many expressions. Who knew so many faces could be so cute? Some of her expressions are documented below.
 |
| Just a moment after her birth |
 |
| In the bath shortly after her birth |
 |
| Meeting Grandma Corkran |
 |
| And Grandpa Corkran |
 |
| First family picture |
 |
| I love newborn smiles! So delicious! |
.jpg) |
| Less than 24 hours old |
.jpg) |
| I love this picture--the two most important people in my life! And look how tiny Valerie is. :) |
.jpg) |
| Who knew feet could be so adorable? |
.jpg) |
| In some ways I wish she would stay little. But, like her cousin Ella, she will get "Bigga, bigga." |
 |
| Cousin Reid, less than 7 weeks older than Valerie. He's a sweetie too! |
 |
| Look at those cheeks! |
 |
| Auntie Shannon and the Sweet Pea |
 |
| Auntie Kelley and the Sweet Girl |
 |
| So pensive! |
 |
| Cousin Malia has been very interested in Baby Valerie |
 |
| And affectionate! |
 |
| Cute even while sleeping |
 |
| Valerie posed this way herself--one of my most favorite pictures of her so far! |
 |
| "Who me?" This was taken during her first bath at home. |
 |
| I'm not sure what this expression means, but she is so undeniably cute in this puddle of pink. |
 |
| This is one of my favorite photos. |
 |
| Doesn't it look like she's laughing here? |
 |
| Playing with Grandma and Aunt Shannon |
 |
| Soaking up the attention |
 |
| Just observin' |
 |
| Just kickin' it . . . |
 |
And quickly not so happy. . . . Robert laughs because I often tell Valerie that she's so cute while she's crying.
But she is cute even then, so I tell her! |
 |
| And the recovery . . . |
 |
| Content to hang with me . . . |
 |
| "I don't know about this" |
 |
| How about you interpret this one? |
 |
| Didn't I tell you that she has a lot of cute expressions? |
 |
| I love my girl. So happy she's finally here. We waited so long for her! |
 |
| Valerie and I are both so blessed to have Robert--he's such a great dad and has been so helpful since Valerie arrived! |
I can't even tell you how happy I am for you! Valerie is just beautiful!
ReplyDelete