Here's the stage before the ceremony started. I love that it took place at a theater downtown nicknamed the Schnitz (the real name is the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall) because it's one of Bd's names for her cat!
I'm getting hooded here! At my BYU graduation, I remember seeing master's degree and doctoral degree graduates wearing hoods. It was at that moment that I knew I wanted one. :) The hooding process felt really rushed. I would guess I was on stage for about 30 seconds (including hooding and receiving my diploma cover and shaking hands and waiting for the classmates in front of me to have their pictures taken just off the stage). I wish I could've had just a little more time to savor the moment.
Hood and diploma cover! I discovered that even though I'm proud to have earned a hood, wearing it can be uncomfortable. But I still love that I earned it. :) Now, the apricot color you can see on my hood is the color of nursing. If you stood behind me while I was wearing the hood, you'd also be able to see my school's colors in it. One thing I learned about graduation regalia is that master's candidates have different gowns than undergraduates do. Master's candidates have sleeves with long fabric tags hanging from the end. I couldn't understand what that was all about. Also, you'll notice my tassel is already turned to the left side. This is because I had already completed an undergraduate program, where tassels go from right at the start of the ceremony to the the left at the end.The following are pictures of me with family members who were able to be there with me to celebrate. I couldn't have finished my program without their encouragement and support. I owe each of them so much. Thank you!


Wahoo!! You did it!
ReplyDelete