
Mother's Day has, over the past several years, been a day that has held very little positive emotion for me. But this year it was different. I was honored that Robert would go to such effort for me, even though I'm not yet a mother. He was sweet as he reminded me that his gesture was a mark of appreciation for what will come in the future. :)
We had dinner with Robert's family after church, which was nice. But what I enjoyed most was the discussion we had after dinner. At some point, near the end of the evening, Peggy mentioned that a lesson she'd participated in that day was about prophets. She asked us each to share why a particular prophet was special to us. I got all choked up as I talked about some of the prophets I've known, but especially as I talked about President Hinckley. He was, for me, a source of optimism during some particularly difficult challenges. But one of the most personal reasons I love President Hinckley has to do with my family. He was President of the Church when my dad and Roxanne requested to be sealed together. I am so grateful to know that he and his counselors prayed about my family. I don't know if he ever had any idea of the great blessings that came from the clearance they gave. One of the greatest blessings I've ever received came because of that decision. I have since been blessed with an amazing stepmother, who has done so many great things for me and for my family. I will be eternally grateful for that decision and for Roxanne. I hope, Roxanne, that you know I love you.
What a beautiful post! You made me cry. We were all blessed when your dad and Roxanne were sealed. We got you! I was so excited to have new cousins, and we all loved your dad when we saw how happy he made Roxanne.
ReplyDeleteRobert is a wonderful husband for making you such a fantastic breakfast!
What a wonderful tribute to Roaxanne! I love the breakfast Robert made you. With a smiley face for breakfast, you couldn't help but have a good day!
ReplyDelete